Seeking gift ideas for an Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking and Perceiving personality type (INTP)? It can be difficult to find just the right thing for these open minded, abstract thinkers. They tend to abhor the superficial, instead preferring quality gifts that stretch thinking or inspire a passion. Using the Myers-Briggs system as a guide, we’ve identified 8 gifts INTPs are sure to appreciate.
1. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking – Help your INTP feel more appreciated for who she is. This crisply-written book turns societal stereotypes against introversion on their head.
2. Game: The Settlers of Catan – This board game involves a lot of quick thinking and making logical connections, something at which these personality types excel. While all the extroverted friends are gabbing, the INTP will be quietly cleaning up.
3. High-end headphones – Sometimes INTPs just want to be left alone. Consider gifting a pair of nice headphones that not only have solid sound quality, but help block out some of the surrounding noise.
4. Journal – INTPs tend to keep to themselves and prefer unstructured environments. A journal is a great gift to allow an INTP to express his thoughts in his own way — on blank pages.
5. A History of Western Philosophy – This classic by Bertrand Russell deserves a place on any INTP’s bookshelf. Not just a historical summary, it’s focus is on analysis and understanding of history’s great thinkers.
6. An Illustrated Book of Bad Arguments – On the lighter side, this book uses cute illustrations to explain a number of different logical fallacies. INTPs will eat this up.
7. A nice pen – In this age of tech gizmos and gadgets, you might wonder what’s the point? The point is INTPs appreciate gifts that last, gifts that don’t go with the flow. If the pen is nice enough, he or she will be likely to keep it for life as a reminder of your thoughtfulness.
8. Gift cards – INTPs typically don’t have a gift list in their heads, instead thinking of things as the idea comes to them in some thought process. A gift card gives the INTP some extra flexibility to find just the right thing.
You might also be interested in our gift ideas for INTJs.